Sub-groups, anyone?

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Antony Joseph wrote:

> c) As this discussion evolves, what is stopping us from spinning out a
> sub-group which  tackles implementation issues?

Dear folks,

As Antony pointed out, we need to start spinning out into sub-groups
which go into details of various topics. Well before "implementation" -
which is a long, long way off (I can assure you!), we need to understand
and agree upon much more detail. To be able to persuade others, we need to
be able to frame detailed policy frameworks on various topics which have
then to be reconciled with the overall direction.

When people in the villages ask about details of how these policies will
affect them, one has to have a complete understanding of what is implied.
That needs the interested participants in this list to put in extra work,
extra hours, to think and write 2-3 page notes on various topics (point
wise, wherever possible).

I think we all have reason to be very pleased with the increasing
participation and debate. It shows that more people are willing to get out
of their shell of either:

	a) "I know everything"
	b) "Nothing can be done about India"
   or	c) "I am too busy"

into a more positive approach of :

	a) "I need to challege my ideas"
	b) "Hey! Maybe we can do something, if we work together!"
and 	c) "The change we want will not come about easily. So
	    I need to put in at least some extra work into this."

I have added the following names to the India_Policy Web page:

Antony Joseph
John Rozario
Sitaramayya Ari
Srinivas Rao

If any of you have objections to your name being displayed, please let me
know. Once again, the same request as before: Please send over some info
on yourself, and if possible a scanned image - so that people on this list
could know each other better.

Thanks,

Sanjeev