Re-inventing the wheel

Hello Anthony,

I can feel what you feel.  Folks, correct me if you all think otherwise.
I have been a very passive contributor to this list, but I share
the views of many others.

I feel that we are not trying to re-invent the wheel here, but this
also does not mean that we can take the wheel from developed
countries and use it.  In India we cannot bring a 'Plug and Play'
type of policy.

Most of us here must be Software/Hardware Engineers, let me all
give you an example of how we plan to deal with the "WHEEL".

You are hired by this company ABC Inc., you are given the task
of taking an existing design and making additions/changes to it.
The design in our case is the "WHEEL".  Many times you feel that
because of inadequate documentation, because of bad coding styles,
you want to re-write the whole code.  But this does not mean that
you do not read the existing code, you analyze it, take all the ideas
you can get from it, try and understand the algorith.  And then at
that point your re-write the code.  Now you have the "JIST" of the
original, the idea of the original, but you have refined the whole
thing in such a way that you have made it easier for you to deal
with it and more understandable.

Similarly with bringing technology, Ideas, Knowledge from the
developed countries is not what you will just bring it to India
and try it out.  You have to make sure that you append or modify
these to fit properly in the Indian government.  I feel that this
is what we are trying to do here at "India_Policy".

Utkarsh, thanks for re-iterating what BDP is and what this list
was created for.

Parag