Re: Puneet's response: misdirected: Re: Indiresan: a critique (fwd)

Hi:

As Puneet mentioned, it is a combination of number of things to set an stage for innovation to occur and industry to grow. Smaller  and efficient government is the first step. Tax breaks, infrastructure and political will to make India a better country is the next second step.

I am not so sure if government must invest its own money for every sector to grow. What is more important in my opinion is that government should provide a equal playing field. I think we have invested billions of rupees in bringing the public sectors up. Government should let smart managers take over and get out of managing.

Like Puneet said, the whole services sector can explode given the right direction from the government.

Here I would like to again bring somethings into discussions that a blind rush to capitalism may not be the best medicine for India.

Even though US has been very successful in economic sense, we should not forget the high crime rate, delapidated inner cities, high divorce rate, teen drug use, teen abortions, and various other problems are by products of the so called developed economy.

Thanks,

Utkarsh

http://www.mailexcite.com