India conducts Nuclear Tests....

Hi;

In my opinion the whole idea of India becoming nuclear is a distraction from real issues for a common man. I remember reading ending of "city of joy", where this poor slum girl is joyous telling everybody that India exploded an atom bomb.

Seems to me kid named India is trying to get attention. I am still to figure out as exploding another bomb helps reduce poverty or brings prosperity to India. I agree that we should not sign CTBT if we do not want. Everybody knows that we can make nuclear arms. We told that so to the world 25 years ago. May be Pakistan and China are scared. I am not sure that if we had a nuclear device, can the rest of the world really let us use it.

Finally I thought that we are going to discuss issues which are relevent to improve the living conditions for Mr. Average Man in India. Let us talk about such issues. I am wondering if any of the IAS officers on the list will share their experiences in building an agenda. If not I am not sure what is their contribution being here.

Thanks,

Utkarsh

http://www.mailexcite.com