	From:  Sanjeev Sabhlok[SMTP:sabhlok@almaak.usc.edu]
	Sent:  Tuesday, May 05, 1998 7:11 PM
	To:  india_policy@cinenet.net
	Subject:  defence

	please vet:

	Global peace is a pre-requisite for the continued expansion of
prosperity
	and happiness of man. Global peace, however, cannot become a
reality
	unless each nation is on par with the other, and particularly a
nation
	that comprises 16% of the world's population. Unless special
privileges of
	other nations are withdrawn, India has to be accorded all
special
	privileges including a permaent seat in the UN Security Council,
and the
	right to own its own nuclear weapons. If the other nations
disarm
	themselves, India will, too.  Else, as a deterrent, as a
pre-emptive force
	against any aggression, and until the time when nations agree to
treat
	each other equally, India has to nuclearize, for no power on
earth can
	keep down a nation of one billion.

	Thanks,

	Sanjeev