Re: Debate

Charudatt wrote:

> I do think, though, that when something is presented in the vein of
> "Wow! This is the greatest thing since sliced bread!" it is incumbent on
> someone [frequently yours truly] to ask the hard questions like "Gee,
> isn't there something called naan which predates sliced bread by
> hundreds of years that is baked in individual serving sizes so you don't
> even have to slice it? So let's not get carried away and chew on this
> critically and debate which tastes better".

You do have a point.  One thing I am reluctant is second guess people who
live in India all their life (me left long time ago).  I do not know what
right I have to criticise and offer "western" solutions.  However, we are
just debating policy (thank God, Mr. Vajpayee does not subscribe...Sanjeev
am I right ?)   You should be critical but you should also suggest to keep a
balance?   Think tanks are just that.  So what do you think about the India
Constitution?

Thank You.

Regards

Dave Mahadevan.. mailto:mahadevan@fuse.net