Re: I must jump in!

Could someone please enlighten me what is the advantage of having
private parties to issue currency. Surely, the advocates of such a
measure have a strong reason.

I would also like to point out that Country X having policy Y
should not be a reason for us to accept Y. We need to ask if Y
is indeed one of the reasons for the prosperity of the country.
It may be that they follow the policy but the real reason for
their prosperity lies elsewhere.

I was also delighted to see the post on shipping/ports. Maybe we
should analyze each ministry threadbare and formulate policies.
On the issue of ministries, P Chidambaram, a couple of years back
questioned the necessity of Ministry of Steel when we had SAIL.

-Arvind