Re: Action?

> Ash: did you check out the action plan on the web? What exactly
> would you like to add to it? Please be very precise, and if it is
> acceptable to all, then it will be done. Sure. I do think that a bit
> of focus on training, and a bit of work on the flyers, needs to be
> begun simultaneously.

I don't know about "simultaneouly", but I was trying more for
"immediately". Actually, what I propose is that some people carry on the
discussion and others try to evolve a mechanism for putting the ideas
that come up into practice, possibly with pilot programs. I somehow see
IP not as a "thought for action" type of think-tank, but as a "thinking
in action" type of body. Perhaps I am straying outside previously
established boundaries here.

> I gather you wish to convene a Task force called "Advance Team for
> Action." If so, we can put you as convener and others can join.
> Please confirm.

Let me think aloud here. What about the folks from the BDP who had put
together various policies? At what stage are those policies, Prem? and
have you folks given much thought to attempts at implementing those
policies outside of the government machinery? Perhaps we can pick one
thing, health, education or environment, and explore how to translate
the thinking into a pilot project. I'll look through the site to see
where things stand as well.