Ash: try this one:

Well, I would normally have been the most vociferous debator on these
issues (most of this stuff was drafted by me), but given my physical
problem I'm restricting to the following:

Well: In order that we understand each other better, and know what are the
key differences, please put forward the entire section on 'free citizen/
etc.' (call it what you will) in your own words. That such a firm and
clear perspective is essential is clear: because without it we have no
yardstick to evaluate other - lower level - of policy.

Try out your hand (before it starts aching!): you write very well.

SS