Happy August 15th!

Hi,
This is to wish you all a proud Independance Day.  I am a recent member
of India Policy and I find the debates analytical and thought-provoking.
On this auspicious day, let us forget, for a few moments, the
over-populated India plagued by a motley of various socio-economic and
political problems and think of a great nation with a extremely rich and
diverse culture, the land of Nehru, Gandhi, Azad and Bose.  Recently I
was watching a documentary on Nehru on BBC and was reminded of his
enhusiasm and zeal.  I was left wishing fervently for such virtues in
our current batch of politicians.
Continue the great efforts and optimism..
Jai Hind!
-Isha

PS Montek Singh Ahluwalia has been removed from the post of Finance
Secretary.  In my opinion, he had been there too long and this will
bring in a breath of fresh air.