Re: Let us now summarize and agree

The abstract debate is nice, and we have had some sense of how things are
done in India and the US. But I am curious.  Since these issues (who can
contribute to election campaigns, how much, and with what strings) come up
in every democracy, how are they handled elsewhere? In Britain? In Germany?
In Italy? In Brazil? In Japan? etc.  Would it be useful to have a map of
what has been tried, what works and what else is required to make it work
(not only citizens' groups, but the press, courts, a strong and independent
electoral bureaucracy)?

Nirvikar Singh
Department of Economics
Social Sciences 1