Re: Aha! One more attack on good sense

Dear SS

You are right in pointing out the misinformation.  However, people on this list
cannot simply write Opinion columns, they have to be invited to write such
columns by the Editors concerned, and that is unlikely in the current structure
of newspapers everywhere in the world.

What you and I (and others on this list) can do is:

1.  Write Letters to the Editor pointing out such stupidities, so that the
writer of such articles loses face (at least in the eyes of the Editor, even if
our Letters are not published).  As a matter of fact, I am quite hopeful that,
as long as we have a Press which is relatively free, such Letters will be
published.

2.  Try and ensure that at least those Indians who have access to the Internet
get access to the discussions which are taking place in lists such as ours.

Prabhu

Professor Prabhu Guptara
Director, Organisational and Executive Development
Wolfsberg Executive Development Centre
(a subsidiary of UBS AG)
CH-8272 Ermatingen
Switzerland